Amazon just announced new Amazon Fire products this week. The updated Fire TV is the one you’ll want to be checking out. Here is the brief rundown from Amazon:
- All-new Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and HDR support in a compact and portable form factor.
- Experience true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps, HDR, and Dolby Atmos audio.
- Enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills with access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Use your voice to easily find, launch, and control content with your Alexa Voice Remote or pair Fire TV with an Echo device for hands-free content control.
- Do more with Alexa by playing music, ordering a pizza, and controlling compatible lights and other smart home devices—just ask.
For all the technical details you need to see if the Fire TV is right for you be sure to check out the Ultimate 4K Hardware Shootout page. The new Fire TV can also be purchased in bundles with other home theater gear: You can pair it with an Echo Dot or a flat HD antenna for you cord cutters out there. Amazon’s Fire Stick was unfortunately now updated with is a shame since the Stick does not offer 4K capabilities. The new Fire TV is available for pre-order now with a street date of October 25th.
In site related news: I recently changed hosts to a new faster VPS. The server pushing out the site has been optimized for the underlying software and the computer itself is roughly 10x’s more powerful than the old one. You should be seeing the site load a bit quicker than before. I’ve definitely noticed a speed increase on page-loads when updating some of the movies to show if it is available on iTunes in 4K currently. Look for this link-button on newer entries. I’ll be adding and updating the site all week to get everything tagged. Finally, mobile should be getting a better experience. I made the banner disappear at those resolutions to allow more room for content.